The real data of fishing rods and fishing rod selection skills
Although there are fewer and fewer good fishing resources, as long as there are rivers and lakes in good weather, you can always see fishermen fishing. For novice anglers, how to choose a fishing rod within their own economic range is very important. Today I will talk about how to choose a suitable fishing rod from some common indicator parameters.
First, the material of the fishing rod
In the era when fine bamboo fishing rods were still very popular 40 years ago, the more advanced fishing rods were made of fiberglass. Compared with bamboo poles, FRP has higher strength and simple maintenance. It is a major revolution in the history of fishing tackle in my country. However, because the FRP fishing rod is relatively heavy, it has been completely replaced by the current carbon fishing rod. However, if you can still eat well on your hands, the frequency of fishing with FRP is still good, the fish will return quickly, and the fishing efficiency can be very high.
Carbon fishing rods are also different from high-carbon and low-carbon. High-carbon is light and has a high modulus. Therefore, many unscrupulous merchants try to raise the grade of carbon cloth. Obviously, it is only 30T, marked as 60T, or even 80T. Because this consumer can't detect it either.
Of course, the higher the carbon content, the more brittle the rod, and the rod will break easily if used improperly.
Carbon cloth is mainly divided into several grades, below 30T, 30-40T, 40-60T, 60-80T and so on.
Second, the basic parameters of the fishing rod
1. Shrinkage length: generally divided into rod shrinkage length (Taiwan fishing rod shrinkage length is generally 1 meter to 1.1 meters, 3.9 meters, 4.2 meters, such non-standard length fishing rods usually shrink about 1.2 meters); 80cm after shrinkage The following fishing rods are mostly stream rods, which are beyond the scope of this article.
2. Number of sections (books), such as four sections (books) are generally 3.6 meters long, also known as 12 feet, five sections (books) are 4.5 meters long, also called 15 feet, and six sections (books) are 5.4 meters long. Also known as 18 feet, these three lengths are the most commonly used, of course, there are also sizes of 6.3 meters, 7.2 meters or even longer.
3. First, Yuan diameter, first diameter refers to the thickness of the rod tip, and Yuan diameter refers to the thickness of the handle. The first diameter is generally less than 1mm, and the element diameter (the thickest part) is related to the size of the handle. Under the premise that the taper ratio cannot be understood correctly for the time being, remember a few words that can be finer, the finer ones are relatively light.
4. Tonality: usually Taiwan fishing rods are divided into soft rods, medium-hard fishing rods, hard fishing rods, super-hard fishing rods, and fighting rods, commonly known as five-five, four-six, thirty-seven, twenty-eight, nineteen, and medium-hard fishing rods. The most commonly used is super hard tuning. The basis for the distinction is the position of the arc of the fishing rod on the entire fishing rod after a slight force is applied. As shown below:
5. Centripetal force: In fact, it is the center of gravity of the fishing rod. The closer the center of gravity is to the handle, the easier it is to use this fishing rod. Use the same heavy rod for comparison: After the new rod is drawn out, hold the handle of the rod in your hand and make a strong upward fishing motion to lift the rod. When the rod is lifted from flat to more than 60 degrees, feel that the weight of the rod is in the middle of the rod or is retracted toward the palm of the hand. The rod with the weight recovered in the palm of the palm is a good rod. On the contrary, you will feel it when fishing. The pole is getting heavier and heavier, which is commonly referred to as the top of the pole.
6. Uniformity of force: imitating the action of lifting the rod under the force of a fish, one person holds the tip of the rod and the other lifts the rod forcefully to check whether the bending arc of the rod is uniform. If there is an obvious bending point from the tip of the rod to the end of the rod, then this rod There is a problem and it is easy to break.
7. Of course, there are also obvious parameters such as the weight and length of the fishing rod, so I won't talk about it here.
Three, choose fishing rods according to their own needs, beginner fishing options
You must choose the right fishing rod. Don’t think that the higher the price, the better the rod. Many fishermen bought high-carbon rods when they first learned to fish, but they broke after a few times and mistakenly thought it was the quality of the rod. This view is actually one-sided.
High-carbon poles are hard, light and stiff, but relatively brittle, and can easily break if handled improperly. Novice fishing is just getting started, and the basic fishing techniques have not yet been mastered. When encountering larger fish, they are basically pulled hard, so it is easy to break the rod.
Fourth, the selection of fishing rods
1. First, check whether the outer paint surface of the pole is smooth, whether there are bulging bubbles, or the unevenness of the paint surface with impurities. You can touch it with your hands. Then check whether the pole mouth of each section is neat and whether the wall thickness is uniform. It should be noted that you have to look before and after.
2. Pull out the pole section by section, and then gently shake the pole to see if there is any abnormal sound. If there is, it means that there is a gap in a certain interface and the overlap is not tight. After checking which section it is, pull it tightly and lap it tightly, and shake it gently again. If this phenomenon still occurs, you can't buy it at a low price. Because of the flaws in this pole design, the chances of you breaking the pole and breaking the line will increase.
3. Open the rear plug of the rod to see if the rod wall is uniform. If the rod wall is obviously uneven, it means that the quality of the rod is problematic. This kind of fishing rod is easy to break when fishing.